It is the Company's policy to comply with the terms of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and all subsequent legislation to provide and maintain a healthy working environment. Our ultimate objective is to minimise the number of instances of occupational accidents and illnesses and ultimately to achieve an accident free workplace.
We recognise and accept our duty to protect the health and safety of all visitors to the Company, including Contractors and temporary workers, as well as any members of the public who may be affected by our operations.
All employees on their part will take reasonable care of their own and other people's welfare and to report any situation which may pose a threat to the well being of any other person.
We undertake to discharge our statutory duties by:
- Identifying hazards in the workplace, assessing the risks related to them and implementing appropriate preventative and protective measures.
- Providing and maintaining safe plant and work equipment.
- Establishing and enforcing safe methods of work.
- Recruiting and appointing personnel who have the skills, the abilities and competence commensurate of their role and level of responsibility.
- Ensuring that tasks given to employees are within their skills, knowledge and ability to perform.
- Ensuring that technical competence is maintained through the provision of refresher training as appropriate.
- Promoting awareness of Health and Safety and of good practice through the effective communication of relevant information.
- Furnishing the resources needed to meet these objectives.
- Giving equal priority with production and profit.
Our Health & Safety Policy will be reviewed annually to monitor it's effectiveness and ensure that it reflects changing needs and circumstances.